The hiring process in any firm can be lengthy and tedious, taking up to 27–47 days to hire a new candidate. With the rapid evolution of the workforce and global markets, the social media-based branding of an organization is increasingly being used to attract top talent. Today, employees do a lot of research before applying for a job, making it crucial for companies to design a hiring strategy based on market trends.
A review of the available ATSs
ATS is one of the tools that help in enhancing the recruitment process. With so many options available in the market, it is tough to pick the best one for your business. According to Datanyze, below are the market shares of the leading ATSs.
Market growth of ATSs is controlled by factors like increased demand for advanced technology and automation. Companies are adopting innovative tools to make their presence felt in the market. Choosing the right, cost-effective ATS that can get the best results is essential.
Here is a look at the features of the best ATSs available today
- Provides tools like guided search, spotlights, and advance recruiting filters that allow you to find the right candidate.
- Allows you to contact the candidate directly through personalized InMail.
- The ATS can be used to connect to the recruiter directly, eliminating the hassle of switching between systems.
- Connectifier got acquired by LinkedIn in 2016 and still operates as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- They have a growing database of more than 450 million candidates.
- Their auto-search web browser allows users to view profiles on LinkedIn and other social networking sites.
- The goal of this Artificial Intelligence (AI) company is to incorporate intelligence into the employment platforms.
Oracle Taleo Cloud Service
- They have been one of the market leaders in providing solutions for top management.
- They rely heavily on the social interface that allows sourcing of application through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Their features include Job Board Postings, Onboarding, and Mobile accessibility.
- Provides tools and functionalities based on the business size and requirements.
- Their top features include social media distribution, assessment, background screening, and Job Board Integration.
- They provide all the relevant data at one place, thus allowing a review of internal as well as external candidates’ profiles on any device.
- You can set reminders to track all relevant parameters.
- You can promote an employee and create a new requisition in a single action.
Limitations of the current ATS
Even though these are highly useful applicant tracking systems, they have some limitations. For example, LinkedIn is a professional networking site, so everyone on it may not be looking for a job. The vice versa is also true; that is, not everyone who is looking for a job is on LinkedIn. Also, each prospective candidate would be getting interview calls from multiple firms!
When you carefully look at the features of the Workday recruiting software, it doesn’t let you rank candidates or see their detailed reviews directly. You need to compare the candidates’ rankings manually.
In iCIMS, some basic requirements, such as customized reporting or date range changes are limited to the full-license version.
The full-feature version of the Oracle Taleo Cloud Service is a little expensive. There is no mass-mailing feature, and they have a lot of filters that let you choose only from the drop-down menus.
Areas of improvement
For an ATS to be effective and user-friendly, it must have the basic features that cater to all business types and sizes. First, it must be cost-effective. Second, it must be user-friendly and easy to understand. Regular updates and changes are a must to keep it competitive and relevant as per the evolving market conditions; these updates need to be smooth and work without affecting the functionality of the software. Prompt and round-the-clock customer support helps eliminate glitches or delays in the recruiting process.
What’s new in ATS Market?
Our extensive market research has identified the need for a more efficient ATS that would overcome the current limitations. The result is our ATS ‘SpringRecruit’ that we have recently launched in the BETA version.
SpringRecruit is forever-free and is currently invite-only. You can check it out at producthunt.com/upcoming/springrecruit.